Sunday, March 26, 2017

Deck Shoe with Side Sole Stitch

So I need something for spring especially something to wear to the CCS Student Show.
I had this cross-over idea for some time and as we all know if an idea won't leave you alone you must act upon  it!

The basic idea is that the derby vamp line goes rearward of the normal point, and the heel cap goes forward of its conventional point; thereby crossing over.
As a summer shoe I saw the opportunity to open up the crossover and so had to set up the stitch lines carefully. The original, original idea was to do a woven leather vamp but I still don't know how to do that.

The lining does not have the hole in it
Skived and ready to assemble
Back half assembly
Closed Upper
Lasted
I am likely going to make my own cup-sole

The opening in the side was well received however, it made some awful wrinkles.

I went ahead without it.


Went with a hand made cup-sole


My 1st use of the side wall stitcher













No comments:

Post a Comment