Monday, December 1, 2014

Shoe Making: Men's Sandal Development V3

OK I may have plumbed the depths of thick leather sandal making with this experiment. I used 9oz outer and 1.5oz inner. I call these my "Work" sandals.

I will reiterate that I am a full time sandal wearer and take them very seriously. I am trying to discover the perfect pair of sandals for my self so that I can share them with the rest of the guys out there.
I would be comfortable making bespoke sandals.


I see no sense in making a balanced pattern for sandals since it is a bunch of little parts.
With experience I have developed how to get the separate parts out without damaging the whole. It never hurts to over label things.
TIP: I use packing tape on the back side of the paper patterns to stiffen them.
Out of 5 patterns I get 8 different parts, try to limit the number of separate pattern pieces.
Then the lining covers many parts and joins them together.
I used my latest invention to aid the channel cut.
Pre-lasting.
I love using Gorilla Glue BUT you have to limit the amount or this will happen, the expansion on the underside is no prob' but on the sides is.

On to V4

3 comments:

  1. fantastic y like use sandal all the time too and is hard find decent sandals for mens, i never make a shoe but im going to try folowing your photos, i dont know your ¨last¨invention thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Incredibly fascinating place. many post my partner and i now do not surely provide most solutions the particular i\'m thinking about, nevertheless i\'m a lot of undeniably thinking about this place. only consumed we would surely submit AS WELL AS inform you. PERFECTMENSLEATHERSANDALS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice products on perfectmensleathersandals, thank you

      Delete