Monday, July 29, 2019

Men's Sandal 2019 V2

I am so much happier with the outcome of V2!

I created a good adjustable strap and re-proportioned the entire piece.


I mapped out the patterns on Rhino discovering half way into it that I could combine strap B (the 2nd strap from the front) and it's pad together with the sides making a far more efficient build.

I have one last design change to tune some of the "theoretical's" in, but I'm wearing them now and they are going to NYC with me in a couple of weeks.
The strap over the instep is ultimately the better choice than around the heel because it is easier to use for every day in and out.

The two tone foot beds were what I had lying around; the new ones are coming.

10.22.19

Completed the last of this series for this year.

I made a couple of design modifications isolated to the making with only on part change.
The instep strap needed to be an inch longer so I did that.
The stitching around the parts is changed to make a better, more comfortable look.
And because the pattern is completely symmetrical I swapped the link from the outside to the inside!









2 comments: