Sunday, August 2, 2020

Women's High Heel - Total Technology

Having corralled all of the required elements together I decided to make a complete sample from beginning to end.








This process creates a sample or prototype and is not intended to duplicate a production solution
The production guys have their own methods and techniques, This is a system that we could use in an educational setting.

Software:
    Nextengine
    Shoemaster
    Rhino
    Dremel slicer
Using the scanner, I got a complete scan of the last I chose


The Next Engine scanner is a good choice.
Each last scan requires at least two hours.
From there it’s into Shoemaster to create the pattern.



You can also export a surface from SM, I use IGES



From there it is Rhino, to create the Heel model.








Not easy I have developed a methodology over years of trying. The problem is the total organic nature of the form; there is nothing strait or even symmetrical about a very high heel.



Onto the 3D printer, I created a drill fixture which is just a duplicate of the top part of the heel.
The 3D45 is a good printer, the slicer software always gets the fan on my laptop running!



Completed pieces ready for leather wrap



Hole for steel rod was included in the design.
Custom heel fabricated
Creating the breasted heel is a big project

 










Attach with screws


No comments:

Post a Comment